D. Agency is a vibrant digital agency currently expanding at a rapid rate.
We have an immediate opportuninity for a graduate or Junior Developer to take advantage of a 3-month paid internship through our D. Academy.
Working in an excellent studio environment, you’ll gain real world experience in a fast paced environment and will be able to share documentation, assets and achievements with future employers.
There will be an option to discuss a full time position at the end of this internship.
Purpose of The Role
Introduce graduates to Drupal – the hottest sector of web platform development and the area with the greatest shortage of specific skills. We want to help you get a grounding in Drupal whilst working on real world projects learning from a senior Drupal Architect.
Contribute to the development of client websites and projects
- Have technical and/or creative input into the planning of projects.
- Undertake research where required to establish the best way of carrying out tasks assigned to you.
- Take responsibility for the development of assigned tasks.
Studying to gain a working knowledge of the Drupal CMF
- Working with the senior development team to gain or improve Drupal related skills.
- Study Drupal best practices, APIs etc in order to be able to contribute more to agency development work.
- Get involved with and to contribute to the Drupal community.
Key Selection Criteria
Knowledge and Experience:
Desirable (but not essential):
Drupal development experience
- Site building
- Module development
Experience of working with open source projects
Experience working with Linux.
Lateral thinker capable of thinking outside the box.
Strong people skills.
Ability to think on your own feet with minimal direction.
A passion for open source software.
Interest in an agency environment where you would get to work on multiple projects across different industries.
Help to develop Drupal based products
Assist in the development of modules, themes and distributions to be contributed to the wider Drupal community.
How To Apply
In the first instance submit your details via our Contact page or call our Studio Director, Phil Allen on 01202 390822.
Finding work, as a fresh graduate can be a real challenge, and even with our brand new glowing qualifications, we do not have any real work experience, which is what most employers are looking for. Yet to get this experience you must find a job!
This is one of the biggest stresses of entering the big bad world … but for every stressful situation there will be a solution. And my solution to this problem was finding my internship with D. Agency.
I believe Internships are majorly underrated, as they are often stigmatized with being the office slave and completing all the jobs the other staff do not want to do. However since starting my internship at D.Agency this has not been the case for me at all.
From day one all the staff were very welcoming and made me feel part of the team, and throughout the week I felt like I had gained exposure to real world problems and oversaw issues that were never found in my textbooks; and I probably learnt a lot more than I ever have in a whole university semester.
In addition, my boss Phil is one of the best bosses I have ever had, he has taken me under his wing and filled my brain with facts about marketing that will definitely become valuable to my future career. Working in an agency environment with a small team is also very stimulating, despite everyone working very hard the atmosphere is calm, laidback and pro active (Which is ideal for your first proper job).
I am currently working towards a marketing qualification, which is strengthening my knowledge in Google Ad Words, benchmarking and how to write a detailed digital marketing plan. This qualification is a great exchange of service and experience between myself and D.Agency as I am building upon my experience ,while D. Agency is receiving a brand new digital marketing plan.
Moreover, the pinnacle of your undergraduate education gives you the chance to use the skills you learnt from studying in a real-world setting. I definitely think internships deserve more credit than they are currently accounted for, and the Bournemouth University and Santander partnership is a fantastic scheme to help students find a paid internship to kick-start their career.
I love what I do so far as an intern and I am excited and eager to come to work every day to learn more and work with such talented and bright people. My internship has already showed me this is the career path I would like to take and from here I plan to go onwards and upwards.
Follow us on:
- RT @drewallenmusic: Seen @ArticMonkeysBR & @bobdylan play @BournemouthIC now I am supporting @JamesBlunt - epic!!! http://t.co/uryO0o6UUz — 2 years 6 months ago
- RT @dorsetpolice: It's almost time! #boscombepolicebox http://t.co/K5cUrDeKLd — 2 years 11 months ago
- RT @WestBeachBmouth: Retweet this & be in to win a table for 2 at our legendary lobster and burger night next Thursday from 6pm... http://t… — 3 years 6 days ago
- Very pleased with the new site for #CaraDillon and best of luck @CaraDillonSings with the new album — 3 years 6 days ago
- @WildGreenBean Both! — 3 years 1 month ago